Bittersweet- Cafe is currently seeks a Line Cook at por wine house to provide all he/she can to contribute to an environment that possesses excellent cooking skills but maintains a well organized station for preparing and presenting products of the highest quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Food Preparation and Production (75%)
- Prepare food according to recipe and restaurant and restaurant specifications in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for prepping station according to business volume, keeping waste at a minimum and efficiency at the highest possible levels.
- Butcher meat, poultry and seafood according to specifications with attention to detail and keeping waste to a minimum.
- Prepare soups, sauces and creates specials that exceed the guests expectations.
- Suggest and create new menu items that exceed the guests expectations.
- Responsible for cleanliness of the entire kitchen, including small and large equipment.
- Check in deliveries ensuring food quality and accuracy of orders.
- Perform all additional duties as requested by Chef and Management.
- Understand and adhere to environmental standards set by the por wine house.
- Understands the por wine house values and service standards and adheres to them.
- Ensure the safety of guests and associates.
- Bring any problems or shortages to the Chef / management's attention. Each shift is responsible for checking and maintaining a high level of quality of products and equipment in the kitchen.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area at all times. Observe good sanitation practices and safety procedures.
- Check out with daily Chef before leaving your shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Diploma)
- 2-4 years of related experience.
- Understand how to use, operate and care of all kitchen equipment.
- Knife skills and cooking terms essential.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of all stations on the line.
- Knowledge of basic meat, poultry and fish butchering.
- Knowledge of basic braising, sautéing, broiling and frying techniques.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Excellent communication skills
- Has attention to detail and the ability to follow direction and abide by standard operating procedures.
- Ability to focus for an entire shift, trouble shooting and prioritizing skills.
- Hospitality/Food and Beverage industry background and experience.
- Courteous and ability to smile spontaneously!
- Great sense of humor!
- A natural desire and willingness to serve others.
- Consistently striving to be better.
- Learn and perform with por wine house Core Values. (Core Values; Mutual Respect, Integrity, Attention to Detail, Constant Focus on Excellence, Sustainability and Mentorship).
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in high temperatures.
- FOODSAFE certification is required.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.